Gemstones: Beta Testing of iOS Application
Beta release of iOS Application via TestFlight
No worries to jump hither and thither!
Plain sailing Beta release of iOS Application on AppStore.
Let’s have some 🧀
Why? use TestFight for Beta Release
To invite users to test applications and collect valuable feedback before releasing applications on the AppStore.
How? to share build
Invite testers using Email Address or by sharing a public application link
How? to add Testers
There are two types of Testers: External Testers and Internal Testers
Internal Testers will access the all Beta builds available for testing.
We can add 25 Internal Testers.
For Internal Testers, application will be available instantly.
Open invitation to test the Application.
We can invite them by creating group of Testers, using email id’s.
We can add upto 10,000 External Testers.
For External Testers, application will be available in approximately 1–2 days.
What? to test
We can add Test Information for Testers.
Also we can provide Email Address to receive and respond feedback that testers provide.
For External Testing, Beta application will approximately take 1–2 days to available, for Internal Testing build is available instantly.
After successful build upload, it will remain active for 90 days.
How? Testers will use Application link
- On iPhone device📱, install TestFlight application from AppStore
- Open given link in browser, like Chrome/Safari
- Hit “Start Testing”
- Hit “Install”
- Application will install build on device
- Then Happy Testing!
Tip: Before installing new build remove/uninstall previous application build form device
How? Testers can test the Application
- Testers will get “Invitation Code” on provided mail id
- Accept that Invitation
- Install TestFlight Application on iPhone device
- In TestFlight Application, click on button ‘Redeem’ at top right corner
- Enter “Invitation Code” in PopUp (which is provided in Invitation Mail)
- Install application (It will appear on device screen)
- Testers can share feedback on provided Email id in Test Information.
In this way, we can achieve Beta release of iOS Application on AppStore.
#Know more about Apple Developer Account