Facebook for iOS
As we all aware of Facebook breaking changes.
If you missed, please read on this link https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/changelog/breaking-changes/
Here, this time I was going with new updates with Facebook login. Decided to share some stuff here. Keeping crisp. Hope this is helpful for all.
Here we go for Facebook login for iOS. 👩💻
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/
Create new app or select existing one.
2. Set up developer environment
Refer below links to use in your Facebook login demo app.
SDK with Cocoa-pods https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ios/componentsdks#cocoapods
or you can use SDK https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ios/componentsdks#downloadsdk
3. Register and configure your app with with Facebook
- Add bundle identifier
- Enable single sign-on for app
- Add App details
I. Display name
II. Contact email
V. Add app icon
VI. Save changes
4. Add Facebook login to your project
Ohh 🤦 ️still something wrong. App not set up error.
When create new facebook app, it is by default only visible to you means user’s won’t be able to use it for social login. For avoid this make app public. How??🤔
- Go to facebook app dashboard at https://developers.facebook.com/apps/
- Select “Status and review” tab
- Set the toggle to “Yes”
After Facebook Login, app can ask for permissions to access a person’s data or perform actions on their behalf. If app asks for more than public_profile, email, user_friends, Facebook must review it before you release it.
5. Testing a Login Flow
- Access Test User Management Tool
App Dashboard → Roles → Test User → Add
- Change setting of App Restriction
Set Social discovery enable.
Add age restriction.
6. How to submit for login review?
Like in short check below.
- Go to app dashboard à Click on App Review à Click start submission
- Select items you wish to submit for review à click Add (x) Items
- Add notes for Each Permission
- Complete submission form
- Submit for review
Submission’s latest results will also be available in the App Review page.
Thanks for reading. Welcome for suggestions. Let us know in the comments…